tack (plural tacks)
- small nail with a flat head
- loose seam used to temporarily fasten pieces of cloth
- (nautical) part of a sail (Wikipedia) specifically the lower corner on the leading edge of the sail relative to the direction of the wind.
- (nautical) direction, hence approach try a different tack. Specifically a course or direction that enables the vessel to head upwind. See also reach, gybe.
- part of the harnessing for a draft animal or riding animal, e.g. a horse pulling a wagon, or a riding horse. Includes bit, bridle and reins.
4 letters in word "tack": A C K T.
No anagrams for tack found in this word list.
Words found within tack: